The Fish Works Team are delighted to hold their Quality Award, its a symbol of the teams hard work and dedication to serving quality Fish and Chips, with fish from environmentally sustainable stocks. The team works hard to ensure they produce high quality fish and chips in a first class environment. They are dedicated to ensuring they represent the fish and chip industry to high standard of professionalism.
It’s a fact that today, fish and chips are still Britain’s number one takeaway. The NFFF Fish & Chip Quality Award Scheme is all about finding those shops throughout the UK that give their customers the BEST QUALITY fish and chips, assessing them against our quality benchmark and rewarding successful applicants who pass the inspection and the taste test, with the ‘BIG Q’ Quality Award sign.
This is so you can be assured of eating top quality fish and chips from a top quality fish and chip shop!
Launched in January 2011, The NFFF Fish & Chip Quality Award is a scheme aimed at improving standards and rewarding shops that provide top quality fish and chips in a clean, hygienic and safe environment.
This is so the public can be assured of eating top quality fish and chips from a top quality fish and chip shop!
- Recognises the UK’s best quality and best tasting fish and chips by assessing them against a very high quality benchmark
- Promotes the use of fish sourced from environmentally sustainable stocks to reduce the impact on fish numbers and the environment
- Raises standards in the UK fish and chip shop sector by highlighting the professionalism of shop owners and staff
- Highlights the importance of producing high quality fish and chips in a first class environment inspected by industry professionals.
To achieve the award shops have to undergo a thorough inspection carried out by an independent assessor covering the following aspects:
- Premises – layout, condition and cleanliness
- Machinery, equipment and utensils – condition and cleanliness
- Working practices – intake, preparation, storage, product handling and temperature control
- Hygiene standards – staff, premises and equipment
- Management controls – health and safety, pest controls, temperature monitoring, Cleaning schedules, staff training
- Final product – level of customer service, quality and taste of finished cooked.